Structural Analysis for Your Structures and Components
Dayton T. Brown Inc. has a proven track record in structural analysis, testing and simulation. In many structural tests, test items are strain gauged and calibrated.
Structural analysis is performed and in some cases correlated with the testing output data. This in turn produces an electronic virtual working model for future design development.
Structural analysis is important because it can evaluate whether a specific structural design will be able to withstand external and internal stresses and forces expected for the design.
A primary reason that structural analysis is beneficial is to determine the cause of a structural failure. It may also be important to perform complete structures
/ components structural analysis and testing or more simplified tensile strength testing.
Our structural analysis capabilities include:
I. Analysis and Testing
- Development of engineering solutions through analytical calculations from fundamental principles and the subsequent preparation of technical reports with strength and stiffness analysis, margin of design safety of engineering test articles, structures and components, validation of design versus actual for Shear, Moments and Torsion requirements.
- Development of load paths and determination of buckling loads, limit/ultimate loads, or creep on parts at room or elevated temperature. Load cells are used to apply forces to components under simulated operating conditions, and the results are used to validate designs and other analyses.
- Through use of strain gauges, load calibrations, data recording equipment and other instrumentation, the loading history is recorded. By using statistical methods, a loading spectrum can be determined that expands the recorded data into the full range of conditions. This information can be used in analytical life predictions and for discrete tests.
- Complete structural analysis capabilities, including linear and non-linear analysis of frame and structural systems under static and dynamic loadings and analysis of structures in steel and reinforced or unreinforced concrete and composite structures.
- DTB can also provide structural analysis services for the evaluation and condition assessment of existing structures, including application of nondestructive, in situ, and load-testing methods for measuring existing states of stress, material properties, structural behavior characteristics, and material uniformity.
II. DESIGN Simulation
Using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) techniques, our structural analysis engineers will help to dramatically reduce development time, while accelerating the design process.
Modeling through Autodesk Inventor and FEA using ANSYS, our experienced engineers and structural analysts will verify findings against empirical test data, simplified models, and classical calculations to ensure accuracy.
Our expert test engineers will verify findings in simulated settings in our laboratories to ensure product compliance. Validation and correlation of simulation with actual experimental measurements are made by using displacements from string pods and load measurements from load cells.
The FEA simulation capabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Static Analysis that includes - Linear/Non-linear Analysis, Failure Analysis, and Component Life Prediction
- Dynamic Analysis that includes Modal Analysis, Forced Response, Random Vibration, Shock and Rotor Dynamics
In addition our experienced design team can provide services in the field of conceptual design, 3D solid modeling, assembly modeling and detailing and drafting for both onsite and offsite development.