MIL SPECS for Climatic and Environmental Testing Services
MIL-STD-810 G Environmental Testing:
MIL-STD-108 Environmental Testing:
The spec MIL-STD-108 defines and lists the basic requirements for enclosures for environmental protection of electric and electronic equipment. Per MIL-STD-108, an enclosure is defined by the environmental protection it provides to its contents. In some cases, MIL-STD-108 covers physical protection to the equipment or to personnel. MIL-STD-108 makes references to MIL-E-2036 as well as MIL-STD-810.
Please see our MIL SPECS Document Library to view a
copy of MIL-STD-108. The types of environmental testing covered by MIL-STD-108 are listed in this document in a user-friendly table format. The tests detailed in MIL-STD-108 include submergence tests, dust tests, drip tests, and so on.
Dayton T. Brown, Inc. can test to RTCA/DO-160A, B, C, D, and E. RTCA/DO-160 covers standard procedures and environmental test criteria for testing airborne electronic equipment (avionics) for the entire spectrum of aircraft, from light general aviation aircraft and helicopters through to the “jumbo jet” and “supersonic transport” classes of aircraft. Coordinated with EUROCAE (European Organization for Civil Aviation Equipment), RTCA/DO-160D and its European twin, EUROCAE/ED-14D, are worded identically.
We can perform Emissions and Susceptibility testing to 40 GHz. Our equipment can generate Radiated Susceptibility fields well in excess of 200 V/m across the frequency range of 10 kHz to 40 GHz.
We are A2LA accredited for RTCA/DO-160 testing, and have large anechoic test chambers, with high current DC and AC sources available, and offer state-of-the-art
lightning testing as part of our RTCA/DO-160 capabilities.
RTCA/DO-160 Environmental Testing:
Save time and money and get your EMI/EMC testing performed here as well.
- Section 4, Temperature and Altitude
- Section 5, Temperature Variation
- Section 6, Humidity
- Section 7, Operational Shocks and Crash Safety
- Section 8, Vibration
- Section 9, Explosion Proofness
- Section 10, Waterproofness
- Section 11, Fluids Susceptibility
- Section 12, Sand and Dust
- Section 13, Fungus Resistance
- Section 14, Salt Spray
- Section 15, Magnetic Effects
- Section 16, Power Input
- Section 17, Voltage Spike
- Section 18, AF Conducted Susceptibility
- Section 19, Inducted Signal Susceptibility
- Section 20, Radiated and Conducted Susceptibility
- Section 21, Radiated and Conducted Emissions
- Section 22, Lightning Testing; Indirect Effects (Single Stroke, Multi-stroke and Multi-burst waveforms)
- Section 23, Lightning Direct Effects*
- Section 25, ESD
- Section 24, Icing
- Section 26, Fire, Flammability
*completed at a partner lab.
- D6-16050-4, D6-16050-5
Please see our MIL SPECS Document Library to view a copy of this electronics enclosures specification. MIL-STD-2036 covers naval shipboard testing requirements, which includes environmental testing.